In 1906 Heinrich Uhlhorn, Wilhelm Müller and Dietrich Schmidt bought a brick factory in Bockhorn in the Grabstede district, which had already been running for several years.
The ring ovens, which were initially fired with peat, were replaced by gas-fired tunnel ovens in the 1960s. In recent years, the production facilities have been extensively modernized. In the Grabstede plant, facing and paving clinkers of various formats are produced in two tunnel kilns. The clinker brick factory Grabstede has been producing real clinker bricks from Bockhorn for over 100 years.